There are so many available free online resources if you are trying to homeschool french. I have scoured the internet and put together this lesson plan for your child to learn numbers in french.
Video’s Teaching The Numbers In French
Here are some great videos from a french teacher teaching:
Explanations are all in french, think of it as french immersion, but here’s a video for learning the french vocabulary for before, after, and between. For example, what number is between 4 and 6? Or what number comes before 7?
Online Activities to Practice Numbers In French
Numbers 0 – 10
Numbers 1-10 Click on each of the 4 interactive tasks.
Kids will hear and see the french number word in this number activity, and they need to push down the correct amount of buttons.
- Play the audio to hear the numbers. It plays at a fairly decent pace.
- Click each number as you hear it.
- When the audio is complete, click on “Valider” to verify your answers.
Another audio dictation for 0-10. This time the answers need to be typed. Clicking TAB between numbers will bring you to the next box.
- Click “Jouer”.
- They can click on any speaker to hear the number in french.
- Otherwise click “À toi de Jouer”.
- Click a speaker and type the number you hear.
- When everything is complete on the screen, click “Valider”.
- Click on the arrow to go to the next page.
- It’s finished when 30 questions are correct (or all the red are green).
Here’s 4 activities to learn and practice ordinal numbers from 1st to 10th.
“How old are you?” “I am 7 years old.” One good way to practice numbers is learning how to say your age in french. Click on any of the first 3 interactive tasks to work on this skill.
Numbers 11-20 There are 5 interactive tasks to click on.
11-20 dictation – Listen and type the number.
10-20 dictation – Listen and click on the number.
Another 10-20 dictation – Listen and type the number.
A listen and click for:
A listen and type the number for:
- 80-100 and 1000
- telephone numbers – need to know numbers up to 99 for this
I’m working on another lesson plan for learning to read and write french numbers in words.