Grab a copy of these free printable letter S sound worksheets.
The letter S printables are perfect for kindergarten or 1st grade students working on letter sound recognition.
- a beginning sound coloring worksheet
- a phonics worksheet where kids need to identify the syllable that has an /s/ sound
Letter S Beginning Sound Worksheet
Here is a fun letter S coloring page for kindergarten.
After sounding out each word, children can color all the items that begin with the letter s.
Young learners will only need some crayons to color the sun, soup, sandwich, seahorse and superhero.
The alphabet coloring worksheet has 24 images of various objects. The initial sound of 15 of the items start with the letter S.
Letter S Phonics Worksheet
Here’s another alphabet worksheet to give kids some extra practice with the S sound.
In this letter s phonics worksheet, kids need to identify which syllable or syllables in each word contain an S sound.
For example: HOS PI TAL
After sounding the word out, kids will hear the S sound in the 1st syllable.
There are 3 boxes below the image of the hospital, each representing a syllable. In this example, kids would put an X in the 1st box.
Children might find it helpful to lightly clap while saying each syllable.
Printable Letter S Sound Worksheets
The free printable letter s sound worksheets can be downloaded below.
There’s an answer page included in the pdf to make things easy for parents and teachers.
More Letter S Worksheets
Here are some fun letter S coloring pages and activities:
- under the sea color by number coloring pages where children can color a seahorse, shell, or starfish while practicing number recognition from 1 to 5
- sea lion or stingray sea animals coloring crafts
- snowy owl and seal connect the dots coloring pages
- let kids learn how to draw a star with this easy method.