Enjoy these free printable number bonds of 11 math worksheets.
The elephant themed math worksheets are ideal for kindergarten and first grade students.
My goal when creating these number bonds worksheets was to to teach the number bonds to 11 in a simple and fun way. Simple enough for a preschooler to learn.
In fact, I first made these printables for my 4 year old, who asked me to teach her “this kind of math” so she could answer the questions on one of her games.
These number bonds to 11 worksheets will introduce different math skills like:
- fact familes
- column addition
- place value
- number pairs of 11
- writing eleven in words
A pdf with 9 pages of number 11 worksheets can be downloaded free below.
Number 11 Worksheet
Kids will be introduced to the number 11 with this printable coloring activity.
The number 11 activity will have kids:
- trace the number 11 in digits and words
- complete a before and after 11 section
- color the number 11 in elephant shaped numbers
- color the number word 11 in elephant shaped letters
- find the letters that make up the word eleven.
Your child is going to need the letters to practice spelling the number “Eleven”. There’s a page included in the download with letters that spell the number words 11 to 20.
If you cut them out and put them in a little ziplock bag, your child can pick the letters they need when they get to each number.
Fact Families for 11 Worksheets
The next worksheets will focus on the addends that make 11. There will be a worksheet for each fact family.
We will start with the number pairs 10 and 1.
Children will be:
- introduced to place value
- color ten frames
- and write the addition and subtraction fact family of 10, 1, and 11.
The next printable math worksheet will focus on the number pairs 9 and 2.
Young learners will:
- use 2 different crayons to show that 9+2=11 with ten frames
- play with place value by circling a group of 10 elephants that are split into groups of 9 and 2
- write the addition and subtraction fact family of 9, 2, and 11.
The number pairs 8 and 3 are next.
- use 2 different crayons to show that 8+3=11 with ten frames
- play with place value by circling a group of 10 elephants that are split into groups of 8 and 3
- write the addition and subtraction fact family of 8, 3, and 11.
Next we will move on to the number bonds of 7 and 4.
This next worksheet will focus on the number pairs 6 and 5.
Preschool, kindergarten, or grade 1 students will:
- use 2 different crayons to show that 6+5=11 with ten frames
- write the addition and subtraction fact family of 6, 5, and 11
- determine whether the number 11 is odd or even by coloring
Number Bonds to 11 Worksheet
1st grade students can practice the number bonds of 11 they have learned with this circus themed worksheet:
More Early Math Worksheets
There are also more beginner math worksheets that haven’t been shown included in the free pdf. They:
- practice place value with ten frames
- introduce column addition
- review number bonds 0 to 10
Printable Number Bonds of 11 Worksheets
You can download the number 11 worksheets below.
The 10 page pdf is free to download. It has 9 math worksheets and includes the letters needed to spell the number word eleven on the first page.
More Fun Math Worksheets
Looking for some more elephant themed math? If it’s the month of November, 1st grade students can try these elephant worksheets.
A great picture book to help kids learn the number bonds of 11 is 12 Ways to Get to 11.
The next number in our number bond series is the number twelve.