Challenge elementary aged students with this difficult back to school word search.
The puzzle is free to download and print.
A word search for kids is a great way to work on spelling right off the back, but in a fun, low-key way. While they are hunting for each word, they will be focusing on the individual letters that make up a word.
The word search is most suited for elementary kids in grades 3 to 6 who can handle a tougher level of difficulty.
This hard word search has 35 hidden words for kids to find and circle. They are hidden in a 19 X 20 grid of uppercase letters.
The words can be found in every possible direction: forwards, backwards, upside down – horizontally, vertically and diagonally.
Back to School Words
The puzzle has school words like:
- school, teacher, students, learn, subjects, grades, homework, recess, elementary
- Art, Drama, English, Geography, Health, History, Language Arts, Math, Music, Physical Education, Social Studies, Spelling, Science
Other things kids learn in school:
- alphabet, numbers, reading, writing
- backpack, books, crayons, pencil, scissors
Things you might see at school:
- classroom, desk, friends, library
Free Printable Word Search
The challenging back to school word search puzzle can be downloaded free below. The pdf comes with an answer sheet.
More Back to School Printables
Here are some more free printable back to school word puzzles:
- back to school word searches for grades 2, 3 & 4
- 5th grade back to school word search
- 6th grade back to school word search
- back to school crossword puzzles for 2nd, 3rd & 4th grade
- back to school word scrambles
- back to school fill in puzzles
Here is the answer key for this difficult back to school word search: