Here are 2 printable summer fill-in puzzles your kids are sure to enjoy!
Both word puzzles are free to download and print.
What is a Fill-In Puzzle?
The words are grouped by the amount of letters they contain. So a 9 letter word will need to be placed in a word box that holds 9 letters.
Even tho there could be multiple 9 letter words, they can’t just be placed in any available spot. The challenge is choosing which word goes in which place, so that all the words will fit in the puzzle.
About These Summer Word Puzzles
The two puzzles use summer themed words – each puzzle having about 32 words.
The first puzzle has a lot of words you might expect when camping or hiking or hanging out at the lake.
The second puzzle focuses more on those hot summer days, running through a sprinkler or drinking lemonade. It has a lot of beach words.
Fun and Educational
A fill-it-in puzzle is not only fun and relaxing, it’s also a good way to keep the brain active during the summer months.
Since kids will be examining each word letter by letter to see which word fits where, they will naturally be improving in spelling.
Free Printable Word Fill In Puzzles
Both summer themed fill-it-in puzzles can be downloaded below. The pdf includes answer pages in case kids need a little help to solve it.
More Summer Word Puzzles
Want some more fun summer word puzzles for kids to enjoy? Here’s a few more:
- ice cream themed fill-in puzzle
- ocean themed fill-in puzzle
- campfire themed fill-in puzzle
- summer word searches for kids in grades 2, 3 and 4
- summer crossword puzzles for 2nd 3rd and 4th graders
- summer word scrambles that use 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade summer themed spelling words
- summer holidays word search
- summer crossword puzzle for 6th graders